Friday, December 30, 2011

What's in a name?

So a couple people have asked why my blog is titled Ehl Dysplastic Man... So the 'Ehl' refers to Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, ‘Dysplastic’ refers to hip dysplasia, and ‘Man’ refers to me being a man and obviously a super hero…   I used to say that I’m Superman because I’ve never broken a bone and I rarely get sick, basically I thought I was indestructible haha I guess I couldn’t have been more wrong.

As surgery is getting closer I’m starting to get a little more nervous.  I’ve been having nightmares that the anesthesiologist only administers a paralytic and no anesthetic, basically I’d hear and feel everything that happens but not be able to do anything about it.  It gives me goose bumps just thinking about it.  I’m just paranoid and will get over it eventually. 

At my last appointment with Dr. Peters I didn’t really ask what kind of stuff I should do to get the house ready or accommodations I should prepare for now for when I come home after surgery… anyone have any experience with this or any ideas for me???

2 comments:

  1. Have you had a blessing? Is there anything I can do for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Steve! Yeah I had a blessing, thanks man! Would you guys wanna come out and have a game night once I'm home and up for visitors?

    ReplyDelete