Wednesday, January 11, 2012

First Two Days of Life At Home


                Sorry about not posting last night… It was a pretty rough night to say the least.  My muscle spasms are basically constant now and are making life at home pretty rough.  I am on the muscle relaxer Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) but it is not doing much for me at all.  For some reason the pain medication that I’m on doesn’t seem to do enough for the pain caused by the spasms either.  I called Dr. Peters office today and they want to try me on Valium (diazepam) to help control the spasms… we’ll see I guess.

                So Monday night I made it up the stairs and slept in my own bed!  That was really nice to be back in my own bed.  Tuesday morning though was kind of scary/funny…. I woke up to a bloody nose (which is somewhat of a common occurrence for me) and didn’t have any tissues or anything in reaching distance and my forearm crutches were out of reach too.  Tatiana was in the shower so I tried to get her attention by throwing anything in my reach at the bathroom door, like a powerade, my wallet and such.  She didn’t notice the sound while she was in the shower so I decided to roll off of the bed and then roll over to the bathroom door.  As soon as the door was in reach I just knocked on it until Tat got out to help me.  It’s kind of funny how much I am able to do, but at the same time so utterly helpless.

                There is another thing has really not been fun.  At least a couple times a day I have this really sharp pain that feels like my skin is ripping apart in the area at the top of my thigh by my groin.  I don’t really even know how to fully explain how painful it is.  I think it may be happening because my leg is SOOO swollen (and hairy haha) that it is chaffing on anything I wear or my other leg.  If it keeps happening I will definitely bring it up to my doctor.  I was actually wondering when the swelling should start going down, I know epidurals can cause swelling for a while after they wear off, and obviously major surgery will cause some swelling…
                           (Incision area 6 days post-op... can you tell how swollen my upper thigh is???)

                Well I’m not sure what else I should write, but I do want to keep blogging so hit me up with some questions so I have more to talk about!

No comments:

Post a Comment