Monday, January 9, 2012

Heading Home

Hey it’s me, Andrew… I’m still alive!!  I’m really thankful for my wife for approximately 1,000,492 reasons, but I’m especially grateful that she was willing to keep the blog updated.


                                           (view from my hospital room, not too bad right!)
           
             So we got discharged today around noon.  That was nice…  I called around to different pharmacies to see who had all of my medications today so that I wouldn’t have to make multiple trips.  The only pharmacy I found that had everything was the Target in Orem… which happens to be the pharmacy I work at!  It was really nice to see my friends at the pharmacy but it took A LOT out of me to stay awake and my pain quickly skyrocketed.  Moral of the story: after you get discharged from a hospital for major surgery you should probably go straight home…
           
            Personally I think that the surgery went well and that I am recovering quicker than expected.  All of the nurses were really impressed at how quickly I was out of bed and how eager I was to move around.  Tatiana was really impressed that I was able to use what I learned in physical therapy at home, like going up a whole flight of stairs (up to the bedroom and to take a shower) and to be able to get into bed with her.


            There are a couple of things that I’m a little concerned about.  First, my right thigh and buttocks are huge, like literally twice the size of my left.  Second, I occasionally have a sensation that the skin is ripping in my crouch region…  Third, I still have muscle spasms that make my pain unbearable.  And last, my nausea is somewhat still uncontrolled.

            The hospital stay went by really fast, and today is really kind of just a blur.  I’m really excited at the prospect of actually getting some sleep…  speaking of sleep… zzz…zzz

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're home! I hope you can both get more sleep in your own bed now. Take it easy! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are home! After I had an Epidural my legs and feet got super swollen. It took over a week for the swelling to go down. No fun. Hope yours goes away sooner. Good job with the stairs! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete